TERMS & CONDITIONS OF
ARTICLE 1. SCOPE OF APPLICATION
1. Agreements between the hotel and stay guest concerning the guest’s accommodations and any other related agreements will be subject to the Terms & Conditions written herein. Decision on matters not specified herein will be based on related laws and commonly established practices.
2. Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding clause, a special agreement may take precedence when the hotel accepts it and it does not go against law or common practices.
ARTICLE 2. APPLICATION FOR ACCOMMODATION AGREEMENT
1. To apply for an accommodation agreement with the hotel, guests are required to provide the hotel with the following information.
(1) Name(s) of stay guest(s)
(2) Date(s) of stay and scheduled arrival time
(3) Accommodation charges
(4) a. Applicant name, address and phone number
b. Name, address and phone number of other person paying the accommodation charges(5) Other matters that the hotel deems necessary
2. The hotel considers a new application for an accommodation agreement to have been made when a guest requests extension of his / her stay beyond the date indicated in item 2 of the previous clause.
ARTICLE 3. CONCLUSION ETC. OF ACCOMMODATION AGREEMENT
1. An accommodation agreement may be considered official when the hotel approves the application indicated in the previous article. However, this does not apply if the hotel provides evidence of the absence of its approval.
2. When an accommodation agreement is concluded in accordance with the provisions of the previous clause, the guest is required to pay an application fee by the date specified by the hotel.
3. An application fee outlining the accommodation charges will first be provided to the guest for payment. Any situations to which Articles 6 and 17 apply may involve penalty and damage compensation in this order. The remaining amount, if any, will be refunded at the time of payment made in accordance with the provisions of Article 12.
4. If a guest fails to pay the application fee indicated in the second clause by the date specified by the hotel in accordance with the provisions of the same clause, the accommodation agreement with the guest is no longer effective. However, this will apply only when the hotel informs the guest of the deadline for payment of the application fee.
ARTICLE 4. SPECIAL AGREEMENTS NOT REQUIRING PAYMENT OF AN APPLICATION FEE
1. Notwithstanding the provisions of the second clause of the previous article, the hotel may accept a special agreement that does not require payment of an application fee, indicated in the same clause, after conclusion of the agreement.
2. If the hotel does not require payment of an application fee as indicated in the second clause of the previous article and does not specify a deadline for payment of that fee in accepting an application for an accommodation agreement, the hotel may be deemed as accepting the special agreement indicated in the previous clause.
ARTICLE 5. REJECTION OF AN ACCOMMODATION AGREEMENT
1. The hotel may reject an accommodation agreement if;
(1) The application fails to comply with the Terms & Conditions.
(2) Rooms are occupied and no vacancy is available.
(3) The person intending to stay at the hotel is suspected of violating laws, public order or morals related to his / her accommodations.
(4) The person intending to stay at the hotel verbally or behaviorally causes significant disturbance to other guests and hotel staff.
(5) The person intending to stay at the hotel makes illegal demands of the hotel or its staff or makes unreasonable demands.
(6) The person intending to stay at the hotel cannot be accommodated due to natural disaster, equipment failure or other unavoidable reasons.
(7) The person intending to stay at the hotel is too intoxicated to speak or behave normally and may disturb other guests or hotel staff.
(8) The person intending to stay at the hotel is deemed to obviously have an infectious disease or other toxic or contagious illness that could affect other guests staying at the hotel.
2. The hotel will not conclude an accommodation agreement if;
(1) The person intending to stay at the hotel is a member of an organised crime group or associated with such a group or other violence-related organisation or antisocial force will be prosecuted according to Japanese criminal law.
(2) The person intending to stay at the hotel is associated with a gang or with a corporation or organisation controlled by an organised crime group.
(3) The person intending to stay at the hotel is belonging to a corporation having board members being affiliated to an organised crime group.
ARTICLE 6. RIGHTS OF GUEST TO CANCEL AN ACCOMMODATION AGREEMENT
1. A guest may request that the hotel cancel his / her accommodation agreement.
2. If a guest cancels part or all of his / her accommodation agreement due to a cause attributable to him / her, the hotel will charge the guest a penalty in accordance.
3. If a guest fails to arrive, without notice, by 6:00 p.m., on the arrival date (or by two hours after the expected arrival time the guest previously indicated), the relevant accommodation agreement may be regarded as having been cancelled by the guest.
*Special terms and conditions apply for groups.
ARTICLE 7. RIGHTS OF HOTEL TO CANCEL AN ACCOMMODATION AGREEMENT
1. The hotel may cancel an accommodation agreement if;
(1) The guest is deemed as possibly engaging in or is suspected of having engaged in an act that goes against laws, public order or morals related to his / her accommodations.
(2) The guest verbally or behaviorally causes significant disturbance to other guests and hotel staff.
(3) The guest makes illegal demands of the hotel or its staff or makes unreasonable demands.
(4) The guest cannot be accommodated due to natural disaster or other unavoidable reasons.
(5) The guest is too intoxicated to speak or behave normally and may disturb other guests and hotel staff.
(6) The guest is deemed to obviously have an infectious disease or other toxic or contagious illness that could affect other guests staying at the hotel.
(7) The guest engages in any act that is prohibited as per the rules of the hotel.
2. The hotel will cancel an accommodation agreement if;
(1) The guest is a member of an organised crime group or associated with such a group or other violence-related organisation or antisocial force.
(2) The guest is associated with a gang or a corporation or organisation controlled by an organised crime group.
(3) The guest is belonged to a corporation having board members being affiliated to an organised crime group.
3. If the hotel cancels an accommodation agreement in accordance with the provisions of the first or second clause, the concerned guest is not charged for services etc. that he / she has not received.
ARTICLE 8. REGISTRATION OF ACCOMMODATIONS
1. Immediately upon arrival, guests are asked to fill in a registration form at the front desk, providing all of the following information.
(1) Name of stay guest, age, gender, address, telephone number, email address and occupation
(2) Nationality, passport number, previous and next destination for a non-resident of Japan
(3) Departure date and scheduled departure time
(4) Other matters the hotel deems necessary
2. If a guest intends to use travelers’ cheques, hotel vouchers, a credit card or other non-cash means to make the payment indicated in Article 12, he / she is required to show it at the time of making registration as indicated in the previous clause.
ARTICLE 9. AVAILABLE HOURS OF GUESTROOMS
1. Rooms are available for accommodation from 3:00 p.m. until the following day at 11:00 a.m. Any guest staying in the hotel for two or more consecutive days may use the room all day except on the arrival and departure day. Some accommodation packages involve restrictions on check-in / check-out time.
2. Notwithstanding the provisions of the previous clause, the hotel may allow the guest to use a room outside the hours specified in the previous clause. This involves an additional payment of the entire amount of the relevant accommodation charges.
ARTICLE 10. OBSERVANCE OF RULES
In the hotel’s building and premises, guests are required to observe the rules that the hotel stipulates and indicates within the hotel.
ARTICLE 11. SERVICE HOURS
1. Details of service hours of the hotel’s facilities are written in the hotel brochure, notices, this hotel directory and other media.
2. Service hours indicated in the previous clause may be temporarily changed due to unavoidable reasons. When this happens, appropriate action will be taken to inform the guest of the change.
ARTICLE 12. PAYMENT
1. The accommodation charges must be paid at the front desk at a time when the guest arrives or when the hotel claims them, by means of cash, travelers’ cheques accepted by the hotel, hotel vouchers, credit card or certain other forms of payment.
2. Accommodation charges will be claimed even if the guest does not stay at the hotel at his / her discretion after a room was provided and became available for use by the guest.
ARTICLE 13. HOTEL LIABILITY
1. The hotel will compensate for any damages incurred to the guest as a result of the hotel’s fulfilling or failing to fulfill an accommodation agreement or other related agreement. However, this may not apply when the damage is not deemed as attributable to the hotel.
2. The hotel has received an inspection certificate of fire-fighting equipment from the local fire department. To strengthen its preparedness for fire-related accidents, etc., the hotel is insured by comprehensive general liability insurance.
ARTICLE 14. UNAVAILABILITY OF A BOOKED ROOM
1. In the event the hotel is unable to provide a guest with a room that was booked for the guest, the hotel will, based on the guest’s consent, ensure that the guest can stay in other accommodations with conditions as similar to the booked room as possible.
2. Notwithstanding the provisions of the previous clause, the hotel will pay the guest compensation if it fails to recommend other accommodations. The compensation will be appropriated to the amount of damages. If the unavailability of a booked room is not due to a fault of the hotel, however, the hotel will not pay compensation.
ARTICLE 15. DEPOSITED ARTICLES
1. If an article that a guest deposits with the hotel is lost or damaged, the hotel will compensate for the damage unless it resulted from unavoidable reasons. Cash or other valuables can be stored in a safe deposit box available in a guest room at the guest’s own risk. Please make sure the safe deposit box is locked when in use. The hotel will only compensate for the loss or damage resulted from a willful act or a fault of the hotel. Even if the hotel is to compensate, it will not pay more than 200,000 yen.
2. The hotel will not be liable for any loss of or damage to an article brought by the guest and not deposited with the hotel, unless the loss or damage resulted from a willful act or a fault of the hotel. Even if the hotel is to compensate, it will not pay more than 200,000 yen for damages on an article.
ARTICLE 16. BAGGAGE AND BELONGINGS
1. If the arrival of baggage precedes the arrival of the guest who possesses it, the hotel takes the responsibility for keeping it provided that the hotel was informed in advance and accepted the arrival of the baggage. The baggage will be handed to the guest upon arrival.
2. When a guest checks out and leaves his/her baggage or belongings behind, the hotel will hold the baggage / belongings for a certain period, and thereafter the baggage / belongings will be handled in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Lost Property Act. The baggage / belongings will either be returned to the guest or will be disposed of by the hotel. Any costs that may arise from this interaction will be charged to the guest.
3. The liability of the hotel concerning the protection or possession of any guests’ luggage or belongings will be pursuant to the provisions of the first clause of the previous article. When the first clause of this article applies, it shall be dealt with the same manner as the first clause of the previous article, and as the provisions of the second clause of the previous article when the second clause of this article applies.
ARTICLE 17. GUEST’S LIABILITY
If a guest intentionally or accidentally causes damage to the hotel, the guest will compensate the hotel for that damage.
ARTICLE 18. PERSONAL INFORMATION
ARTICLE 19. LANGUAGE
These terms are provided in both Japanese and English. In case of a discrepancy between the Japanese and the English, the Japanese version will take precedence.
ARTICLE 20. JURISDICTION AND APPLICABLE LAWS
Litigation arising from the Terms & Conditions of Accommodation Contracts will be resolved in the courts in the jurisdiction of the hotel and in accordance with Japanese law. Every guest is requested to observe and comply with the House Regulation established by Cross Hotel Kyoto (“The Hotel”) to maintain the quality of The Hotel and to ensure that hotel guests have a pleasant and safe stay in accordance with Article 10 of the Terms and Conditions of Accommodation Contracts. lf a guest does not comply with the House Regulations, The Hotel may choose not to permit further use by the guests of the guest’s hotel room and other hotel facilities pursuant to Section l of Article 7 of said Terms and Conditions. The Hotel will not be liable to any guest or other’s incidents, and the guest will be responsible for its damage or compensation, pursuant to Article 17.